From: Don Brewer, Illinois State Commissionerr
Subject: Info on Mens Slopitch State Tournaments
Date: June 25, 2019
To: Mens Slopitch Managers: It is time to start signing up your slopitch team for the fast-approaching Class D and E slopitch state tournaments in Decatur. I have had several managers contact me direct from all over the state and so has Lloyd Nelson. Generally, they want to know the dates, entry fee, classifications and deadline for entering.
Here is the important information you need.
1. Tournament dates are July 19-21.
2. Entry fee is $340. Deadline for fee payment is July 12.
3. Our most recent database is now posted on our website. There have been a few changes since this last posting and those will be sent to you when we believe all corrections have been approved. Will probably be no more than a dozen changes.
4. In addition to the entry fee, teams should fill out and submit to you the official entry form. It is attached to this mailing. After you complete the form, Send it and your entry fee to your local commissioner or to me or Lloyd Nelson (Addresses listed below.) ASAP.
5. Remember that this year we will have a Class C Slopitch state tournament in Pekin. Date of the C tournament is August 2-4 and the entry fee is $340 with a July 27 entry deadline.
6. A new twist to the rules this year will allow D and E teams to enter the C tournament even if they played in the D or E Tournament in Decatur in July. Furthermore, D and E teams that participate in Class C will be allowed to drop back to D or E in 2020 unless they win the C or finish as the C runner-up this year.
We will send you an ASA roster as soon as you forward your entry fee and entry form.
For Class D and E: Contact your local Commissioner or
Don Brewer, 25 Westwood Lane in Murphysboro, Il. 62966 or
Lloyd Nelson, 6686 Giant City Road, Carbondale 62901
For Class C: Contact your local Commissioner or
Bob Adams, Avantis Dome
3401 Griffin AvenuePekin, Il. 61554